DSO 068 DIY kit uses through-hole components as much as it can. This makes the scope unique among peers. With through-hole components the kit eases off the requirement of assembly skills and at the same time allows deeper user involvement. Most importantly it brings in the freedom for users to test, modify, experiment, and even design their own projects. And this means more fun!
More over, DSO 068 is not just a kit for training but also a practical tool for everyday use. It was designed on the base of DSO 062 kit and comprises many enhancements in hardware and firmware. Major improvements include:
- Higher sensitivity (10mV/div vs 100mV/div)
- Wider analog bandwidth (3MHz vs 1MHz)
- Larger capture buffer (1024 points vs 256 points)
- Variable trigger position (1% - 100%) with indicator
- Test signal generator with variable frequency and amplitude
- USB connection
- Upload of captured raw data as CSV file
- Work as USB scope and data logger
- Higher sensitivity (0.2Vpp vs 3Vpp) in built-in frequecy meter
- Battery/USB powered
- Fully enclosured
Operations of DSO 068 are even easier thanks to silicone pushbuttons and rotary encoder. Parameter setting is simply, straightforward, and quick. Mode switch and utilities are driven by menu. Absolutely no complicate navigation.
This kit is particularly suitable for educational use. It is a great tool for college students.
The DSO 068 Kit consists of the following major parts:
- ( 1 ) Main circuit board with pre-soldered ICs and a few SMD parts. Board is pre-tested and MCUs on board are pre-programmed.
- ( 1 ) 128 X 64 graphic dot-matrix LCD module.
- ( 1 ) Step-up voltage converter board (JYE116). It boosts battery voltage to 5V from as low as 2V.
- ( 1 ) Voltage inverter board (JYE120). It generates -5V form +5V with current capacity up to 200mA.
- ( 1 ) On/Off switch board (JYE117). This is the power switch of instrument. [optional]
- ( 1 ) Li-ion battery charger board (JYE118). It includes the USB/Battery power switch circuit. [optional]
- ( 1 ) USB-Uart converter board (JYE119). This bridges the scope to USB host. [optional]
- ( 1 ) Professional 20MHz probe with selectable 1X/10X attenuation.
- ( 1 ) Enclosure set including stand, switch caps, etc.
- All through-hole components, mechanical parts, and accessaries.
Shipment of kit also includes color-printed Assembly Guide and User Manual. All other documents can be downloaded at this page. It is suggested that users also download the softcopies of the accompanying documents for enlargement to have better viewing on screen.
Battery is not included in standard product configuration and need to purchase separately (See here
). Shipments containing battery could incur higher shipping cost and longer delay due to restrictions of shipping agents.
Manufacturer website: www.jyetech.com